If you find yourself interested in relocating to Fresno, CA, then Clovis might be the city for you. Fresno, CA, is a county located in the central part of the state of California. It is well-known for its agriculture. It is the top agricultural county in the United States.
Clovis, CA is a city in Fresno County, located towards the middle of the county. The incorporation of the city was in 1912 and grew from what was first a freight stop. It is now the second-largest city in the county, with a population of over 118,000 as of 2020. Clovis, CA is a great choice for a place to live if you’re looking for a city that is a great place to raise a family in Fresno county.
If you are searching for homes for sale in Clovis, CA, then you have come to the right place. Homes in Fresno county are among the most affordable in California, and the country as a whole. You might be wondering whether Clovis is the right kind of community for you. Below are many of the reasons why buying a custom home here is a great decision for you to make.
What Is Transportation Like in Clovis?
For transport by road, Clovis has two public transit lines available for its citizens. These are Stageline and Round Up. The Fresno Area Express (FAX) also operates along a certain route in Clovis, CA.
- Stageline is like most bus services. Its vehicles operate between predetermined routes. There are scheduled stops that are easy to follow and understand. These vehicles operate for over 12 hours on all weekdays, from 6:15 AM to 6:30 PM. They operate on Saturdays as well, but their service is more limited on those days.
- Round Up is a great Clovis, CA initiative. It serves as a transport service for disabled or handicapped citizens in Clovis. They can call in advance to book a vehicle for their movement. They are available for use every day. They move for 13 hours on weekdays, between the times of 6:15 AM to 7:15 PM. They work on the weekends too, though their hours of operation are a little thinner.
Round Up is intended for use by disabled residents of Clovis. But, Stageline buses are also made with disability in mind. All of these vehicles follow the Americans with Disabilities Act standards for accessibility.
The best part about the transit systems in Clovis is that they are completely fare-free! You don’t need to worry about bus tickets or having any spare change on you. Thriving public transport systems are good for the environment too.
The Fresno Yosemite International Airport is about 20 minutes from any part of the city. While road transport is convenient in Clovis, so is air. Clovis, CA has an international airport less than half an hour away.
What is Education like in Clovis, CA?
To give an idea of how integral education is to the city of Clovis, look at the employment statistics. The Clovis Unified School District is the top employer of labor in the city. There were almost 6000 workers under them in 2014.
The Clovis Unified School District serves almost 40,000 students in Clovis. It also serves part of the city of Fresno, CA. There are over 40 schools in the district, with:
- 32 elementary schools
- 5 middle schools
- 5 high schools
Also, there are other centers for education. This includes alternative schools, an adult school, and more.
For higher education, Clovis, CA has three centers. There is:
- California Health Sciences University
- Clovis Community College
- San Joaquin College of Law
California State University, Fresno, is outside Clovis but accessible for residents and within a mile of Clovis city limits.
For students and those who like to read, the Clovis Regional Library is available for all your book needs.
How is Recreation and Leisure in Clovis, CA?
Even though Fresno county is well known for its agriculture, that doesn’t mean you can’t have plenty of fun in Clovis. Recreational activities are many in the city.
- There is the 27,000 square foot skatepark for skaters, as well as the batting cages. The latter has 8 baseball pitching machines and 5 softball pitching machines. This makes it the perfect place to practice batting.
- The City of Clovis Recreation Center also has many sports programs for adults and youth. There are full league programs, and drop-in games for those who can’t commit to a full league schedule. There is basketball, soccer, floorball, and inline hockey available. There is also a softball league that plays at Clovis Rotary Park. The youth of the city aren’t left out either. Leagues are available for basketball and volleyball. There are skill programs for baseball, basketball, and soccer too.
- For people who love to spend their spare time among nature, Clovis has something for you too. There are over 285 acres of parks and picnic sites in Clovis. Whether you need a park for the children, for family outings, or for yourself, you’ll have many options. There are also trails available in the city. These are perfect for walking, cycling, or hiking.
- There’s still much more to Clovis! The Sierra Vista Mall has many stores, including Target and Sears, to get all your shopping done. When you’re through with that, you can have fun with indoor laser tag or go-karting. There is also a movie theater included, so you can always watch the latest blockbusters.
- Every year, Taking it to the Streets makes its way to Clovis. This is an art, urban design, and food festival. This is a festival that many residents look forward to every year!
What’re the Prices for Homes in Clovis, CA Like?
Clovis, CA homes for sale are among the more affordable ones in California. You can buy most homes in Clovis for under $500,000, with a few outliers above that. But, the median price for houses sold in the city is about $400,000.
Do you like everything you’ve read about this city in Fresno County, CA? If you can’t wait to move, then you’ll need the top real estate agent in Clovis, CA. Jason Nenadov, REALTOR® ️, is the man you’re looking for. Finding real estate properties for sale in Clovis, CA may seem tough, but not with a good realtor. His experience in the area means you’ll get the best deal you can. Buying a custom home will never be smoother than you get with him. Call Jason Nenadov, REALTOR®, at 559-246-8991. He will get you started on your way to purchasing a home in Clovis, CA. He’ll get it done for you fast, and stress-free.