Clovis, CA is a fantastic place for just about anyone to settle down. It’s located in one of the smaller-sized counties in the state, by population and land area. For people looking for a quieter locale to live in, this makes it perfect. This county is also the number one agricultural county in the nation. For many, this adds to the appeal.
Right in the middle of Fresno County lies the city of Clovis. With under 120,000 people, it is a good place to live if you want to escape densely populated cities. It’s a beautiful location for those who love the outdoors too! It’s close to National Parks and the Sierra mountain range too.
For many people, buying a home in Clovis, CA, sounds like a great idea. If you’re considering this, you’re in the right place. However, it is important to know all you can about the community. This article will tell you the things you need to know about Clovis, CA. This way, you’ll be able to make an easy decision on that new home purchase!
What Are The Qualities of Homes for Sale in Clovis, CA?
Even though it is not the most metropolitan area, your housing options are many. No matter which type of house you want, you are likely to find it here.
In Clovis, CA, most homes cost between $350,000 to $600,000. However, homeowners looking for houses under $350,000 or over $1 million will still be in luck. There is a lot of range when it comes to house pricing.
If you buy a home in Clovis, CA, you’ll be part of the majority. Nearly 61% of homes in Clovis are occupied by their owners. The average rent is almost $2000. So if you’re looking to buy an investment property, you can make good returns.
There are several apartment buildings, but single family homes make up most homes in Clovis. A rather small segment belongs to townhouses, about 2%. These single family homes come in an array of sizes. This makes it possible for you to find one that fits your needs well. The average house has three bedrooms. If you’re looking for more space, then four bedroom houses are still quite common. While small two bedroom homes exist, you are more likely to find a three or four bedroom home in Clovis, CA.
If you plan to buy a home for investment purposes, Clovis is a good location. As earlier mentioned, there are many rentals in the city. So rental property in Clovis, CA is a good way to invest in real estate. However, buying and selling remain good options in Fresno, CA. This is due to great appreciation rates. Home appreciation in Clovis is among the top 20% in the country. Over 10 years, the value of homes increased by over 60%! That is an incredible rate, and shows how buying a house here can be a great asset.
What Is the City of Clovis, CA, Like?
Before you pack your bags and move to Clovis, CA, you will want to know how the city is. You’ll want to be sure that the city is a good locale for you, your family or perhaps even your business.
- The Stageline public bus system serves Clovis residents six days a week. It provides free transport along specific routes. This makes moving around in the city stress-free. The Round-Up service is also available for handicapped residents.
- The school district is great for families with children. It is known as the Clovis Unified School District. 48 schools are in the district, with over 40,000 students in total. Secondary education is also available, with multiple centers. There is also a public library to get studying and reading done in peace.
- Thanks to its agricultural strength, there is a great Farmers Market every Saturday. This provides a great alternate source of shopping besides supermarkets.
- Parks are a fantastic way to spend time outdoors. Since it is a city so in tune with nature, Clovis, CA, has many parks. There are over 285 acres of parkland in the city. This provides a great place to relax or bring children to play. Many of these parks have picnic areas, which make it easy to hold family events.
Leisure and recreation are very important to consider. Nobody wants to move to a location where they can’t have fun. Luckily, there are a lot of ways to achieve that in Clovis, CA.
- The Sierra Vista Mall is a large location with all sorts of fun tucked inside. It has stores like Target and Sears inside, so you can get all kinds of shopping done. You won’t have to miss out on the newest movies, thanks to the theater on location. For some more fast-paced fun, there is go-karting and laser tag. And there’s a food court to take care of your hunger after a long day.
- Old Town Clovis is a section of the town that is an absolute gem. If you love collectibles and antiques, there’s no better place to be. This location has the most stores of this kind in California! It is a very artistic section of the city. There are numerous coffee shops, galleries, and gift shops. These all make Old Town Clovis a fantastic place to spend a weekend.
- When the summer vacation comes around, the kids will be at home. One great way to give them a treat is to take them to a water park! The Wild Water Adventure Park is the largest one in the state, thanks to its 52 acres. With 20 attractions and nearly 40 slides, there is always fun to be had. Whether you’re young or old, a water park is always a fun time!
- The Clovis Rotary Skatepark is 27,000 square feet large. Take your scooters, skateboards, or roller skates, a lot of fun is waiting to be had.
There are always homes for sale in Clovis, CA. If you’re thinking of moving to this city, then this article should let you know exactly how it is. If you like everything you’ve read, then you probably can’t wait to move. First, you’ll need a real estate agent to make buying that home easy.
Jason Nenadov, Realtor®, will get the job done for you. You won’t be disappointed if you give him a call. With his experience in Clovis, CA, getting a house will never have been easier.
Call Jason Nenadov (Ca DRE # 01412695), Realtor®, at 559-246-8991. Buying a house can be done fast and headache-free. He’s the man to get that done for you.