Are you shopping for a home in Clovis, CA but you can’t seem to pull the trigger? Here are a few benefits of having a pool that might just win you over.
First, here’s a little about Clovis. It is a city located in Fresno County, CA. It is the second-largest city in the county, with a population of 118,014 as of 2020. The county is located in central California. It prides itself in its agricultural prowess. In fact, Fresno is the number one agricultural county in the country.
Similar to Fresno’s position in California, Clovis is centrally located in its county. Dating back to 1912, Clovis has grown to become a large city on its own. Nicknamed the “Gateway to the Sierra”, Clovis is a great place to settle down. It makes a wonderful place to live.
California is famous for its warm weather. With its wide array of terrain, it is home to some of the hottest locations in America. Clovis and the surrounding area are no exception. Recent rankings put Fresno, CA as the second hottest city in the state. In the country, it was the 13th hottest! They also found that nearly one-third of the days each year are hotter than 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
With so many days as hot as this, many people look for homes in the city that come with pools. After all, there are few better ways to battle the summer heat than jumping in cool water.
However, if you have never owned a home with a pool before, there are important things to know. Different types of pools can be had. There are features like salt water and attached hot tubs which can make them more sophisticated. A pool adds to the value of the home, but maintenance is a factor that should always be taken into consideration.
Advantages of Buying a Home with a Pool in Clovis, CA
While there are quite a few public pools available in neighboring Fresno, CA, there’s nothing quite like having your own. You get as much space as you need, and you can swim in it at any time that you want. Also, considering the recent pandemic, an isolated pool holds benefits.
Here are some more advantages to owning a home with a pool:
- A great place to cool down in the hot months. As was mentioned before, Fresno county, CA can get hot. There’s the option to stay indoors with air-conditioning, but diving into a pool is just different.
- A centerpiece for events. In those summer months when barbecues are common events, a pool makes a great attraction. You can have parties, birthdays, and all sorts of occasions around a swimming pool. It adds an option for recreation, plus it cools the air around it.
- It is a fun means of exercise. Let’s face it, sometimes it can be hard to get your exercise in if it seems like a chore. Swimming is one fun way to get a workout in. If you’re looking to get in some casual exercise, a pool is a fantastic option.
- It adds value to the house. Of course, a pool will mean a higher asking price. This is especially true in Fresno, CA considering the temperature. But it also means that the resale value will also be higher.
- It adds to the aesthetic. A pool can upgrade the look of a home. Simply having one can transform the vibe that your backyard gives off. It also allows for decor choices that will only work well with a pool as a focal point.
Important Things to Know Before Buying a Home with a Pool
If you have never owned a home with a pool, there are some things you may not know. These are important considerations to have in mind before your purchase. This way they don’t end up blindsiding you.
- Pools can cost a lot to maintain. It might not seem like it, but pools require a lot of work to be their best. Some businesses offer pool maintenance services, but it can cost quite a bit each month. Of course, you can maintain the pool on your own. This way, it will cost less. You will have to learn the process, however, and it will be another chore added to your list.
- There will be an increase in your premium. Having a swimming pool in your backyard will almost always raise what you pay per month in insurance. It is simply because a swimming pool comes with the risk of accidents. Safety measures can ensure that your premium doesn’t increase as much. This can be a fence around the pool or a sturdy pool cover.
- Repair costs can be high. When pools are taken care of well and used gently, they are likely to last long before a repair. When a repair does spring up though, they can be rather costly to handle. Replacing the lining or fixing significant leaks can cost over $1000.
- A pool will contribute to your electric bill. A regular pool might not have a large impact on your electricity consumption. It will run a pump, but not much more than that. However, with a heated pool, it is more likely to be felt by your wallet. Like anything with a heating element, this can add hundreds of dollars to your bill each month.
- There are required safety features for any residential pool in Fresno County, CA. It is essential to note that a pool in Fresno must have an enclosure around it at least 5 feet high. It must also have no gaps which are larger than 4 inches in any way. Although a pool that comes with a home should likely have this already, it is still important to keep in mind.
What Public Pool Facilities Are Available in Clovis, CA?
If you’re looking for a pool that’s owned by the city of Clovis, then you are out of luck. There’s no public pool within the boundaries of the city.
However, the city of Fresno, CA has two pools that are rather close to Clovis. These are located at the Clovis West Pool and the Clovis Swim Club. Despite their names, they are not located in Clovis.
This makes it a lot more convenient to have your pool in the backyard. You’ll have it all to yourself and there’s no need to worry about operating hours.
Clovis is an amazing place to live in. With how hot it can get in the summers, having a pool is welcome. Don’t worry yourself looking for homes with pools when a great real estate agent can do that for you.
Jason Nenadov, REALTOR®, has lived in Fresno, CA since 2005. If you need a REALTOR® to get you a house that fits you just right, there’s no better man.
Call Jason Nenadov (Ca DRE # 01412695), REALTOR®, at 559-246-8991, to get started. That’s the first step to finding your very own home in Fresno County.